Every death in the state of California must be registered. The funeral home will do most of the paperwork for you but there is a set of key information about the deceased that is needed from you to complete the Death Certificate.
- Their full legal name
- Their date of birth
- Social Security Number
- Birth place (only the state or country is required)
- Military status
- Martial status
- Spouses Full Name/Maiden Name
- Fathers full name and birth place (only the state or country is necessary)
- Mothers full maiden name and birth place (only state or country is required)
- Type of Business (Industry)
- How long they have lived in the county they resided in
It can take 2-4 weeks for copies of Death Certificates to be mailed out or ready for pick up. Once the information is filed it is dependent on the county to complete and mail out or print the Death Certificates.